They Call Me Grace
6:00 PMHello and thank you for tuning in to this edition of "What the !@#$ Katie?!"
It's morning. 9:30 am to be exact. I made these delicious popsicles the day before. I know. They look amazing and they tasted even better and they were super natural. You can get the recipe here. So, naturally, I decided to have one at 9:30 am because...because why not?
Scout needs to go out. So, I grab the following items:
- My popsicle
- I'm talking on my phone
- Scout and her leash
Notice I didn't say that I grabbed a bra. I was sans bra. In a tight, you can get away with no bra for a quick dog walk, camisole, you ask? No, in a big, baggy, I have no business being outside without a bra, but I'm just going for a quick walk tee.
I walk about 50 feet outside of my door to the little grass area and I'm chattin up a storm to my friend on the phone. I'm not exactly sure what happened but the next thing I knew I was on the ground, rolled my ankle, bleeding from the other knee, Scout had run away, and a very ugly sound came out of my mouth. Oh, and also, there was a really good looking guy who saw the whole thing. Oh course there was Katie. Only you. Only me.
| Notice the popsicle on my foot |
He was so sweet. He yells, from across the way, "Are you ok?" Me, trying to play it off like I wasn't sprawled out on the ground, yelling in agony, with my baggy shirt open for all of the complex to see says, "Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Thanks."
He looks as me sideways as if to say, "Um, you're not fine but if you don't want my help, ok."
I try to get up quickly and I physically couldn't move because my ankle hurt so bad. He keeps looking at me. LMIMH: Look away, Hot Man. Look away! Nobody should have to witness this chaos.
I finally get up. Scout is still running around. Hot Man tries to help me get her but my damn dog is a b!@#$ (literally) and is just barking at Hot Man. I'm yelling for her, "Scout! Scout, come here." She's barking at Hot Man. "Scout, come here." Finally I just give up. I'm full of grass. I have a sprained ankle. I still am not wearing the appropriate undergarments for being in public. I have been defeated. I hobble home. Scout follows.
Hot Man is still telling the story of the Obscene Woman who fell flat on her face.
Yep, that was Monday.
Tune in again, probably in a few days, for the next episode of "What the !@#$ Katie."
1 comments
Your knee looks painful but I was cracking up reading your post. I have a friend (named Katie, actually) who we always called "Grace" when we were younger because she tripped, fell or busted her a*% on everything. Ironically Grace was actually her middle name. Maybe ya'll are secretly twins? :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're ok and maybe you will run into Hot Man while upright and fully clothed one day!