Naturally Unnatural
8:55 AMI'm wondering if anyone else has these same struggles...
I try live the "greenest" livestyle possible. However, I have these internal struggles:
- I need things to smell good (and not like lavender or patulloui all the time).
- I love the smells of "my" products.
- I HATE waste--especially plastic. It pains me to throw it away, but it even pains me to put it in the recycle.
Anyone else have this same struggle? What do you do to create less waste and, yet, still have "nice" and "clean smelling" things.
Here's an example that's happening right now:
I ran out of dryer sheets while doing my laundry. I don't wanna run to the store and I'm not sure I need to use those throw away sheets each time (and I certainly don't want to buy a big plastic bottle of Downey). So, I looked up how to make your own and found this recipe.
I got my conditioner (which I'm also struggling with because I'm tired of having to throw away those big, plastic bottles when I run out) and giant vinegar out. I mixed everything up and, as you would imagine, IT STINKS! I hate the smell of vinegar. I'm was hoping the Biolage would counteract it but I could still smell the vinegar. I'm still trying them out but if my clean clothes smell like s!@# when they get out of the dryer, what the hell am I gonna do?! Umm, how bout wash them again and not act like it's the end of the world? <---Stupid reader voice forgot how much I hate doing laundry.
My struggle continues...
I drink a LOT of sparkling water...at least 2 cans a day. That's a lot of waste. I know it's recycle but I once heard that it's actually worse for the environment to recycle because of all of the chemicals recycling uses.
And, in case you're wondering, I STILL forget my reusable bags to show with!!! I have added to my collection and now I have, a million. A million bags I don't remember-ever.
How do these people do it? I know they a tiny bit nutty. I mean Zero Waste? I'm not sure that's ever gonna happen in my world but I would like to be a lot better than I am now.
I need your help. Who thinks about this stuff too? What do you do?
And I use K-Cups--uh, is there no hope for me?!



0 comments