A Ridiculous Friend

5:26 PM

Do you have any friends you argue with all the time?  Not huge arguments but disagreements nonetheless.

I do.  One of my very closest friends is probably the person who annoys me most in this world.  He's actually starred in one of my blogs before. If you're a regular follower (which I super appreciate both of you by the way) you'll remember The Bathing Suit Incident.

Anyway, everyone who knows him knows he is HIGH MAINTENANCE as opposed to myself, the most laid back person ever.  I've been friends with him for 7 years and in the past 7 years our little arguments have become humorous.  So humorous, in fact, that our former boss used to say we should make a TV Show and he wanted all the credit for the idea.  Hmmm, rather than Regis and Kelly (it's not even that anymore, is it), Josh and Katie--has a nice ring to it.

Cut to...our argument today.

Prior knowledge that you'll need (Just read the middle one):


And this: 

Next day:
Josh-Why didn't you reply to my text?
Me-The last one?  Because that's gross.
Josh-It's great and funny.  
Me-No


You'll have to read these e-mails from the bottom to the top...I could have switched it but it would have taken a lot more time

Today's E-mails...bottom to top:
From: Katie Cartier
To: Joshua Briese

Lol.  #wavingwhiteflag


From: Joshua Briese
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:13:59 -0700
To: Kathryn Cartier
Subject: Re: <no subject>

I replied in pink after your pink. 



From: Katie Cartier
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:57 AM
To: Ed Stolze
Subject: Re: <no subject>

I highlighted them in pink


From: Joshua Briese
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:55:42 -0700
To: Kathryn Cartier
Subject: Re: <no subject>

Name ONE thing I said that was rude. 




From: Katie Cartier
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:53 AM
To: Joshua Briese
Subject: Re: <no subject>

I'm ridiculous.  Ok.  

You just said rude things to me.  I didn't like you.  So rather than apologizing you said, "Ok fine (arms crossed), I'm not going."  

I'm not surprised you're not coming.  I was super, super excited that you said yes (as I told you) but had a feeling it wouldn't play out.  Hashtag, don't get your hopes up Katie


From: Joshua Briese
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:50:44 -0700
To: Kathryn Cartier
Subject: Re: <no subject>

You're ridiculous. I pass on this weekend. You're too much sometimes.  Doesn't count because I said this after you got mad for NO reason at all. 




From: Katie Cartier
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:49 AM
To: Joshua Briese
Subject: Re: <no subject>

Always such kind compliments from you.  I love that I can count on that


From: Joshua Briese
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:48:16 -0700
To: Kathryn Cartier
Subject: Re: <no subject>

I do know you and no you don't(not rude at all saying that someone does not smile all the time which nobody in the world smiles all the time). In fact, I just looked at you and you were not smiling. 


From: Katie Cartier
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:44 AM
To: Joshua Briese
Subject: Re: <no subject>

Um, I'm not sure if you know me but I smile all the time


From: Joshua Briese
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:43:20 -0700
To: Kathryn Cartier
Subject: Re: <no subject>

Not really. Chill out and have some fun and smile a little bit. Absolutely nothing rude about this statement at all. NOT ONE THING. Give me a break Katie. 

Loosen up. 


From: Katie Cartier
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:42 AM
To: Joshua Briese
Subject: Re: <no subject>

That's inappropriate.  


From: Joshua Briese
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:38:16 -0700
To: Kathryn Cartier
Subject: <no subject>


shitfire
A general exclamation denoting surprise, arousal, discontent, or boredom. It's a buffer word. Earliest film reference is Deliverance, starring uber-fit Burt Reynolds.
Damn, you can play that solo. Shitfire!

That guy just cut me off! SHITFIRE!

Shitfire, I'm bored.

Shitfire, you're sexy.




So...there you have it.  Our friendship is ridiculous.
Do you have any ridiculous friends?  No, we're not 15 Katie. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers