Small Victories

10:06 PM

Top 5 Small Victories This Week

I think I do about 67 things each day that I wish I hadn't. Put too much food on my plate, got pissed at a kid for not having his homework...again, didn't make enough copies, and on it goes...every single day. But today I shall speak on the things I have done that were great.

Good for My Soul

5. I was a good grand daughter. I drove to Prescott on Monday, with my dad, to see my grandparents. I forget how happy it makes them when I visit. They had the biggest smiles on their faces. I need to do that more often.




4. I bought myself a bike. I NEED exercise that is quite, with just me. My brain, body and soul don't function well without it. I think that's why I was so happy during hiking season. So, I can't wait to ride my bike...any IT'S PINK and BLACK AND my helmet matches. SO cute!

3. It's hard to be the worst one at something but, Heather, at CF 480 today told me, "I was 50 lbs heavier when I started. It's not going to get easy, but it will change your life. Stick with it." BEST PEP TALK EVER.

Good for My Ego
2. I got Teacher of the Month. There are 10 million times a day I really wish I had done something different. I'm not as patient as I would like to be. Sometimes I think my expectations are too high. There are things I want to change about almost every lesson I teach. I'm not anywhere the teacher I need to be, but getting that award makes me want to try harder.

Sometimes I forget what a difference those little things make but I recently got this e-mail from a student I taught (hmmm, do I really wanna date myself here)7 years ago:
Hello Ms. Cartier
Do you remember me?
Even if you don't I just wanted to say i miss you very much and you are one of the BEST teachers i have ever had and i will never forget you and not only because i had such a great time being in your class (i still have the ME folder we made in your class!) but because you were always so friendly and caring towards all of your students. YOU REALLY ARE AN AMAZING TEACHER! my best memory from 6th grade was the day you surprised me at my house after i was out of the hospital. i still have the get well soon card you gave me! :D:D

So, I shall work to live up to my reputation.


1. Have I mentioned that Crossfit is hard? Have I mentioned that I'm not good at it? I think I found my one strength...Today, I lifted 105 lbs on the bar. Me.



There were 2 girls there who said, "You'd be surprised. You can do more than you think." AND I DID...WAY more than I thought I could. I think we can all do more than we think.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm so proud of you friend. and excellent blogging skills. I think that should also make the list next time! Call me tonight : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Katie! You are 1 in a million! Love you poop!

    ReplyDelete

Followers