2 Week Progress Check
2:43 PMSo, we're a few weeks in to our CF Challenge. Here's how things are going so far: I feel good, but sore. It's a good sore though, it's never so bad I can't move, it's just a "I know I worked out" feeling. I have SO MUCH MORE ENERGY. I'm happier during the day, less annoyed with little things and actually really look forward to going to the gym.
I am super aware of what I'm putting in my mouth and how it will affect my energy level and workouts (good news). I actually take time to chew my food and digest it...what a freakin' concept. My pants fit a little better...a little better... but I'm frustrated that the scale hasn't showed any weight loss yet :( JB told me to stay off of it but that's virtually impossible for me.
I know I'm getting stronger. I never wonder if I'll complete my WOD anymore. I know I'll get it done, now it's just a matter of upping the intensity/weight. I'm still, by far, the worst one in my class...but progress is progress and this is a race against myself not other people. Besides, the guys in my classes are super great and always encouraging.
In the next few months, I want to be in a smaller size. I want to be able to move from ring rows to the bands. I wanna front squat 73 lbs (instead of 53). I want to run a mile without stopping. I want. I want...and I will.
I can't say enough good things about CF 480. I love Justin, Brian, and Derek. They have taken an active interest in me and my health, in fact more of an interest than I was taking in myself for a while. They're encouraging, yet expect my best every time. They say things like, "Wow, you did that WOD with more intensity than I have ever seen," and in the next breath they say, "Pick up the pace Katie. Go faster!" They're understanding of where I'm starting and make me believe that I'll only get stronger and better.
In addition to them there is something amazing to be said about the CF community. I say that because my friend is a CFer and she says, "It's a Crossfit thing." I've never met a more encouraging group of people in my life. Just when you think you've done everything you can and are ready to quit, someone appears over you and says, "You're almost done. Come on," and you finish what you never thought you could.



0 comments