Making an Effort...

8:49 PM


I say a similar line to my students all the time, "Make an effort, not an excuse."

So...even though I don't wanna go. Even though I'd rather have the super mean lady who cleaned my teeth last time do it again, rather than go running, I'm going. Even though my trainers never go easy on me and never let me get super good at something before they add on the next try-not-to-die task, I'm going. Even though I have a cold, I shall be at the track at 6:30 tomorrow morning...with mother freakin' bells on.

I'm gonna make the effort, even though I totally wanna make an excuse. And then when I'm done, I'll be glad I made the effort. See you in the morning boys!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Proud of you! You always inspire me! We have been told Coop is very overweight and now he has to go on at least 2 30 min walks a day..... so Yesterday, Dilly and I took him on a mile and half walk...up-hill (and I did the 2nd walk with him again that night). Why was I the one that was tired??? TIME_TO_WORK_OUT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be the example Katie, you are inspiring those around you. All we ask is you make the effort and you are, every time you step in the gym or on the track you give 110%. I couldn't be more proud of you. When you are the example you can expect more of those around you and your expectations can elevate them and help them reach their potential. Just remember these things when you want to throw in the towel, would you want one of your students to give up, quit, say F'it, just because it was hard.........be the example.

    Keep up the good work momma', it WILL pay off....I promise you that and the physical changes will just be the icing on the cake....well maybe the bacon on the cheeseburger {=0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks JB! It makes it so much easier to keep going when I hear all of your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thanks to my other friends! You girls are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Followers