Guest Blogger, Danielle

6:58 PM

I saved the best for last...Danielle's blog sent me into a tailspin of tears immediately upon opening it.   Thank you to my sister for not giving up on me and forcing me to love you...I love you forever.


When I first me Katie, she wasn’t exactly my biggest fan. I don’t think anyone was going to be good enough for her little brother. She was a very protective older sister, but I was going to win her over even if it killed me.

Flash forward a few years and a lot of persistence later, she was standing next to me in my wedding. She had no choice but to be my best friend.




I’ve known Katie nearly half my life and the one thing that stays the same is she is PRESENT. It doesn’t matter where we are in the world, she makes the phone calls and sends the emails. Katie makes connections with the people she loves and that’s what we all want, right? To be shown we’re cared about, that we matter and we are loved. She does just that and it means the world. 


Because Katie is present, she has been there for all the major life events, good and bad. She was there for the birth of her nephew and niece and has tried to be a part of as many birthday’s and holiday’s possible. They will grow up knowing their aunt truly cares and will always be there for them. She was there when my Dad got sick and flew to be by my side until she knew I was strong enough to handle things on my own.


Some of my favorite memories have been our amazing girl’s trips, Mexico, sailing the Caribbean waters of Antigua and Barbuda TWICE, Florida, Disney, California, Sedona, RV excursion to Durango, Black Box, “Boots with the Fur”, the Plague, uniform leggings and Uggs, Thanksgiving dinners and endless nights of gossip and laughter.  I wouldn’t trade any of it for all the money in the world. She is my sister and best friend who I laugh and cry with, dance and dream with, drink red wine with and celebrate life with. 


Katie, you are so special to me and I thank God every day that he blessed me with not only a sister, but a friend. You are and will always be my person. I hope you have the best birthday ever and a year filled with love and laughter. I love you so much!

Danielle Cartier




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers