The World is Still Good

10:36 AM

When you wake up to the news of fifty people killed in a mass shooting, your heart breaks.  It breaks for the families who will never see their kids again and it breaks that people, any people, would see hurting others as an option.

And I get angry at these tragic events but mostly I watch the aftermath and my heart fills up again.

I watch long lines because someone said, "We need blood donors."
People deliver water to a community of first responders who need it.
There are fundraisers that raiser hundreds of thousands of dollars in just hours.
I read stories of SWAT negotiators who work and train and do...all to make the world a safer place.
I watch neighboring first responders step up and say, "How can we help?  What can we do?"

There are helpers and kind people everywhere you look.




The world is a good place.  It's a good place in our own backyards and it's a good place in other countries.  Most people are good.  

Families are teaching their children to be compassionate and do for others.
Parents remind their kids to give up their chair for their elders, look people in the eye, and help out with the dishes.
Daddies read stories and give baths.
Mommies drive carpools and give kisses.
Aunts put together care packages just to say, "I love you."
Friends call each other to check in and make sure that all is well in their worlds.
People buy coffee for others, just because.
Teachers hug kids tight...because they need it.
Girls gather together for trips full of laughing and healing tears.
Communities envelope their neighbors and let them know, "You're not alone."

Yes.  The world is a good place.
Most people are good and I will not let this event or any others let me believe differently.


Good. Wins. Every. Time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers