Bikini Bodies
5:46 PMI'm sorry but I have to get something off my chest.
I have come across a ton of posts, lately, about "________ shows body shamers by wearing a bikini," or "I'm wearing a bikini because !@#$ it," or something to that effect.
Here are my uncensored thoughts...
If you don't have a body to wear a bikini, don't wear one!
Seriously. It's cool if you're a little fat. I am too, but guess what I don't rock, a bikini. Why? Because I know it won't look good on me.
I mean, the very point of a bikini is to show off a stomach, a well defined and thin stomach. There are LOTS of other bathing suits that are more suited (see what I did there with suited?) to you than a bikini. Listen, I'm not gonna shame you on the beach if you rock a bikini in a Size 20 body, but don't be surprised if and when people stare at you and not in a good way.
Dress for your body type!
I really try and do this as much as I can but sometimes I get it wrong, like, apparently, the other day when I rocked an outfit and later saw a picture of myself in it and about died. But...I try.
Some people need structured clothes.
Wear them.
Some people need spanx (actually most people could benefit from them) under really thin fabric. Wear it.
Some people look better in shorts or capris or pants.
Put those on your body!
Tank tops look GREAT on you.
Wear it.
Newsflash, when you dress for your body type you look MUCH better. MUCH.
And while we're at it, for the love of God get a bra that fits! PUH-LEASE.
4 boobs = BAD
Back fat = BAD
Those Victoria's Secret gals walk around with a measuring tape just waiting to measure you. Let them!
When you don't, you look fatter and uglier.
I'm sorry. Actually, I'm not sorry. That's true.
So, what camp are you in? The "Everyone is the right size for a bikini" or "Wear clothes that suit you."
![]() |
| Everyone is the Right Size for a Bikini! |


0 comments