In Case You're Keeping Score

5:46 PM

Remember my friend Julie from Singular Style?  She's back to make another cameo in today's ramblings.

Julie and I having a conversation on the phone and Julie is being her normal hilarious self, at my expense (also normal).  As the conversation and laughs persistent she said, as she always does, "You need to write a blog about this."  I usually ignore her because she's high maintenance and bossy but today she continued, "Here's the title of your blog.  It's called "In Case You're Keeping Score.  Also, make sure you mention this one...and this one.  You need to be writing these down."  I can usually keep her demands, on exactly what I write about, at bay but since I still feel a little indebted to her for teaching me about Greek yogurt since she's one of my closest friends, I decided to listen just for today.  Don't effing get used to this Julie. 

Thus...In Case You're Keeping Score

I'm still having a little but of trouble being an adult.



Laundry Problems
Katie: I have a load of clothes in the washer that I've washed six times.  No joke.
Julie: What the !@#$ is wrong with you? Did you know that most people throw in a load, take a shower, listen for the 'ding' and move it to the dryer.  Is there no 'ding'...er...what seems to be the disconnect for you?  Why are you disgusting?

Dressing Problems
Katie:  So, today I accidentally wore a t-shirt bra but I didn't wear a t-shirt.  You could see my bra out of the top of my shirt ALL DAMN DAY.
Julie:  Was it dark when you were getting dressed?
Katie: No
Julie:  Then how did you not know prior to leaving the house.  I swear, I'm going to help you through puberty but it just might kill me first.

Movies to See
Katie:  I'm so excited!  I just rented the movie Newsies from iTunes.
Julie:  The Disney movie about singing newspaper boys?
Katie:  Yes!  (singing) I'm the King of New Yorrrrk!  Suddenly, starting right acha, lousy with statue, I'm the King of New York.
Julie:  Stop.

Chores at Home
Katie:  Slowly all of the lights around my house are going out.  Only the ones in the kitchen are left so if I don't want my Living Room to be dark, I have to keep the kitchen lights on.
Julie:  What's the hard part about changing them?  Not sure which way to turn them or you just can't fit it in after you take both of your naps each day?

Extracurricular Activities
This text exchange transpired.

Continuing on the phone.
Julie:  Why can't you write a blog?  What the !@#$ else are you going to go home and do?
Katie:  I'm going to color in my new coloring book.
Julie:  I can't.  I just can't.  Did you hear that sentence?

Purchases Made
Julie:  Are you writing this down?
Katie:  I will.  I'm going to write it down with one of my new Sharpies I just bought.
Julie:  Katie, let's list your most recent purchases: Sharpie markers, bubble bath and a coloring book.  You're 36.

Thanks for being my adultier adult Julie.  If you need me I'll be coloring...after I take my bath.



How's your adulting going today?  What's the most unadult thing you've done? #growup(insertyournamehere)


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love the adult version that you are. I wish I could say I'll be the adultier adult for you, but I think you and I are adulting just fine as we are. Cheers! #growupsuzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love #growupsuzi and #growupkatie! I hope you're having a great summer.

      Delete
  2. Seriously LOLing AGAIN about this post. and I'm talking about it in my blog tomorrow, FYI :-) You're funny friend!

    ReplyDelete

Followers