JTTHVOM Update #4
8:57 PMI'm almost afraid to write what I'm doing because when I'm doing well, lately, I seem to have a tendency to write about it/talk about and !@#$ it up 38 seconds later.
But...far be it for me to deny you of my astute wisdom.
Dead on Katie.
Before we start, play this song right now. You're welcome. I need you to tell me you love this song. I need you to love it. Do you love it?
This one too.
If you say nothing else, you have to love these songs...and tell me you love them. Both of them.
Here's what's working...
1. Hydroflask
I have officially bonded with my new pink water bottle. Love, love, love. The biggest thing that's helping is that I'm making sure that every time I get in the car, it's full because I seem to drink a ton of water in the car. So, if I can finish a whole bottle by the time I get finished driving, I figure that's a good thing.
Glug, glug, glug.
Drink up!
2. Food Rules by Michael Pollan
I was doing some late night Amazon shopping. Do you do that? Oh em gee, I do TOO MUCH late night Amazoning. Sometimes I can't even remember what I bought. I curse Amazon for making is so easy!
Anyway, this was a good purchase and I'm glad I own it. This book is not as much scientific as it is common sense. He has 64 Rules and they are exactly what you would think "healthy eating" would be.
Rule 20: It's not food if arrived though the window of your car.
Rule 8: Avoid food products that make health claims.
"For a product to carry a health claim on its package, it must first have a package, so right off the bat it's more likely to be process rather than a whole food."
I love this brilliant man.
Read up!
3. 100 Days of Real Food
You know I have said before that I do well with hard and fast rules. I don't know why and it probably means that I...I don't know...unable to make my own decisions? I don't give a !@#$, I do better when I have hard and fast rules.
Someday, I'll be able to make choices by myself but I'm only 35.
Some of the "rules."
Don't eat any packaged, canned, or boxed food with more than 5 ingredients and none of them can be sugar in any form.
Robot Katie goes to the store, picks up the can and counts: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...I need to put this down," and then I put it down.
Of to the produce section and picks up a pepper, "1, ok I will buy this."
I don't know why but if you told me to log all my calories into the easiest system on the planet, My Fitness Pal. I mean, for God Sakes, it remembers your meals FOR YOU but I can't seem to manage. I just kept eating !@#$.
Count to 5? I can handle that.
Count up...that's not advice because I am certain other people do it better but this is working for me right now.
Things I know for sure:
My body HATES processed food. HATES IT. I'm sure other people don't have such severe reactions to it but it's painful when I eat.
I started eating "real food" again and my body is so happy.
Ok, blog done. I'm off to eat some Dairy Queen. JK, JK Friends. Phew, that was almost a close call.
Katie, you are so lameballs.
Awe, thanks for using lameballs!
We don't use that word, you do...and it's still absurd. You're 35. Grow the eff up.
Lameballs!
Do you every start to feel a little crazy when you have entire conversations as us?
A little bit, lil bit.
Have a healthy, happy and full week all...mostly I'm talking to myself. Have a healthy week Katie. Don't !@#$ it up!






0 comments