It's Not That Bad

8:38 PM

Sometimes it feels like life is just shitting on you, doesn't it?  Haven't you written this blog before? I think I may have but it will be different because this includes current events.

Do you ever just want to grab God and shake him and be like, "Are you fucking kidding me?!"  Sidenote: My God and I have an understanding that I'm allowed to cuss when I get upset.  We're pretty tight.  He rolls his eyes when I do that, but he gets me so He's cool with it.  I'm sorry if it offends you.

Anyway, we get so wrapped up in our stuff that we are almost drowning in it.  I think sometimes we have to be reminded that, while life is tough, and we all have our shit, it's not that bad.

So, I'm here to remind you (and me) that it's not that bad.



I just read a story on my 3TV News App that was so vile and disgusting that I almost don't want to mention it.  Have you read the book, A Child Called It?  I read it over 15 years ago and it still haunts me.  Well it was basically a version of that book. Adults hurting kids.   Ugh, it makes my stomach turn.   I honestly feel like there is NOTHING worse in the world and this is when the ultra-conservative part of my liberalness comes out.  Death penalty, all the freaking way, for that couple on the news.  I don't even want one cent of my tax dollars to buy them so much as a sandwich in prison.  
Where was I going with this story?  Oh yeah...I read stories like that and I remember that my life is not that bad.  Our lives (when I say "our" I'm referring to my collective group of BBRs (best blog readers...bah ha ha, I'm hilar) are not that bad.

Then I read about the woman who was floating, in a home, with her 2 children in the floods.  She called her sister and said, "I love you.  Call Mom and Dad and pray."  She hasn't been found yet.  Yeah, life isn't that bad and God be with her family.

Every day I see homeless people on the side of the road and I will admit that if I don't have any extra food in my car, which is often, I look the other way.  I don't want to give them money because I assume it's for drugs or alcohol but looking into their eyes is just too painful so I ignore it and I remember that life isn't that bad and I kick myself for not getting those baggies of food a water bottle and some baby wipes ready yet.

There are people I love who are full-fledged drug addicts and I know they wish to be clean.  They have tried over and over again but they just can't seem to kick the life-sucking habit.  I can't imagine being that addicted to something.  Life isn't that bad. 

And on a funnier note, I bet your day is better than these people's days.  Sidenote: Buzzfeed has some of the awesomest thing in life.  Things Could be Worse


In fact, life is good.  

I have a roof over my head.

I have a job that is secure and even when it drives me nuts I freakin love it.

My cupboards are full of food.

I'm super healthy, health wise.  Yeah, we get it but thanks for the clarification. 

I mopped my floors so I don't feel like I have to sell my house anymore (sometimes when my house is messy I feel like it's so ugly and I should sell it but as it turns out, I should just clean it)

I have a family who would, literally, give me the shirt off their back if I needed it even when I really piss them off or vice versa.

I have friends who have been and will be in my life forever.  For-e-va

My Scout loves me no matter what kind of mood I'm in at any given time.

What about you?  What makes your life not that bad?  What makes life good?



PS.  Because I tend to write a lot more often in the summer, I'm thinking of starting this challenge for myself so I can remember to be grateful.

Katie, we actually prefer it when you write about the crappy things that happen to you.  Cool. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers