Date #1 of 2014

8:38 PM

I had a date last night.  Can you even call it a date if you're just meeting someone for the first time?  For arguments sake, we'll call it a date.

Pre-Date...
I text my friends.  I wish I could post the message thread between the 4 of us up here but it's way too inapprope.

But here are some of the acceptable highlights.

Them: What are you wearing?
Me: (text a picture)
Them: Nice bobby pin.  Are you 11?
Them:  No, seriously.  You're wearing that bobby pin?
Me:  Yes, it keeps my hair back and it's cute.
Them:  Nope.  Take it out.

It's cute isn't it?


Date: 
Warning:  I already know part of the reason I'm single is because God punishes me for writing blogs that make fun of men.

Walking in to the bar and I see someone walking alone as well.
Me: Are you Bobby Pin*
Him: Yeah, I'm Bobby Pin.  Are you Katie?
Me: Yes

We go and sit at at table that wasn't in the bar.
LPIMH: Why aren't we sitting in the bar?  I'm not coming here for dinner.  This is a first meeting.

We each order a beer and start talking.

Here are some of the highlights.
Him: I don't really have any friends.  I actually got beat up every day from Kindergarten until high school.
LPIMH:  Hmmm and how very sad

Him:  I hate people.
Me: You hate people?
Him:  Yeah, I'm ok with a few individuals but most people are worthless.
LPIMH:  Hmmm

Him:  I don't have any furniture, mostly plastic crates in my house but my parents gave me some $10 pots and pans for Christmas.
LPIMH:  Hmmm

We stayed for 2 beers, which is 1 more than I would have preferred.

He was nice, seemed very lonely.

Post Date: 
I tell my friends about it.

Them:  What?  Katie, your life is not a rom com.  Ryan Reynolds is taken.  Go on a 2nd date.
Them:  Yeah, none of that sounds that bad.  You should go on a 2nd date.  Who cares if he hates people.
Me:  Shut up.  No.
Them:  Well, did you wear the bobby pin or not?

Verdict: 
Not a love connection.  There will be no 2nd Date with Bobby Pin.


*Names have been changed to protect the innocent and from now on I'm naming them as to what I was doing prior to seeing them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers