Things Crossfit Has Given Me

9:03 PM

I have been doing the Crossfit 480/180 Challenge for 68 days...has it really only been SIXTY-EIGHT DAYS?!?!

Anyway I am learning so much along this journey. Here are the top 5 things I have learned so far.

5. It's a Team Effort
I can't say enough about having other people, the same people each time, work out with you. The people in my class are now my friends. We bitch (quietly so our trainers can't hear), we sweat, we work, we talk about our lives and (my personal favorite) we encourage each other.


4. Our Bodies have Rhythms
There are days where we are working hard not to STRUT around the gym, tapping everyone on the shoulder screaming, "Did you see that shit?! How awesome am I?" There are days that I look forward to going to CF480 all day. Then there are days that I need someone to scrape me off the floor after only doing 5 push-ups. My arms, my legs, my ass, my face...lead. The boys taught me...we all have rhythms and we just need to KEEP GOING.

3. When You're the Busiest is When it's MOST Important that You're There
It's no secret that I have my hands in a lot of pots at work. I say yes to way too many things and I have some perfectionist tendencies. It's right about...eh, 6 weeks ago, when I am super stressed at work, that I would have skipped the gym. There will ALWAYS be a reason not to go. Having CF480 and my class and my coaches give me a reason to go. Perhaps it's because I'm still a little scared of them but whatever it is...I get my ass there. In my world STRESS used to = me gaining weight. Not anymore.

2. I Still Hate Running
Yeah I'm way better at it than I was before...but it still sucks. Maybe next month I'll have magically been transformed into a runner...but you might want to exhale because I'm pretty sure there will be no miracles occurring tomorrow.

1. It NEVER Gets Easier, You Just Get Better
I posted this a long time ago but I have a secret...I totally didn't believe I actually would get better. I thought that was true for everyone else...but not me. Guess what kids?! It's true for all of us. Crossfit pushes me to my absolute limits everytime I go but each day I get stronger. I feel stronger. I can do more.


I'm kickin' ass and takin' names. Stay tuned for more progress.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers