I'm Awesome

12:17 PM

Not to disappoint my faithful followers (thanks Dad and Best Friend) but this blog won't be quite as self deprecating as most.

Why?


I am.

So, here's why I'm so kick ass.

I didn't go to the gym on Thursday. That's all a story for another blog entitled...well I'm still deciding between titles:
"10 Reasons Car Maintenance is Important"
"Why the !@#$ Am I Not Married Yet?!"
"Thank You Dad for Saving My Ass for the 10 Millionth Time"

Moving on. I didn't go to the gym on Thursday.

So, on Saturday when Derek and Boomer told me we were running...a post I read while I was on glass #4 of wine, I wasn't especially excited.

In fact I believe my exact words to my friends as I read were, "Seriously, this guy is a sadist. As if running isn't enough he wants us to do it at 6:30 in the GD morning ON A SATURDAY and as if to throw it in our faces he doesn't even break a sweat and runs twice as fast." I don't wanna go.

I went. I was late.

But...

I ran a mile without stopping.

I sprinted 12 100s...ok, I'm not that fast...ok, I'm way behind everyone. But I did it.

Then, I went to Crossfit 480.

We did a bunch of explosive lift-the-bar-over-your-head movements. I don't know all the names but I remember there was a Snatch in there which, I'm sorry, but every time someone says I feel like a 13 year old boy snickering because someone just said that.

Anyway, lots of those...done.


THEN, I stayed for the other workout.

500 meter row
25 Thrusters (life the bar over your head)...PS. Do you think someone gave these movements dirty names on purpose?!
30 Box Jumps
35...what was this? Something hard.
40 Sit-Ups
45 Air Squats
400 Meter Run

DONE. AND I kept up, on my time, with Mrs. Hot Gym Owner and Mr. Hot, Cut Boy. (I did need their encouragement A LOT on the last bit though. Thanks guys :) )

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers