I Said Yes!
6:38 PMTo the dress?
You're so predictable Blog Voices. So predictable.
No, not to the dress. In fact, I said no to the man who proposed to me.
Ummm, what?
That's not what this blog is about.
Well, that's what we want to read about.
Anyway...
I said yes to my life, metaphorically speaking.
The other day I missed a call from my cousin while I was at work so I text her and got this back.
My initial thought: What? This is the most incredible opportunity, but I can't go to the Caribbean in two weeks.
That's so soon.
I have to work.
I'll never be able to take a full week off work.
That would be insane.
Who would watch Scout?
There is no way.
![]() |
| This is totally a motto I live by (well, until I met Erica. She always puts me to shame. So does Dawn, but generally speaking, I work my ass off) |
And then I started thinking...Katie, SAY YES. How many times in your life are you offered an almost free trip to the Caribbean? These are those opportunities that you DON'T pass up for work.
I love my job...more than most people I know. It's way more than a job to me. The people I work with are like family to me. The work we do is critical to the lives of children and still...it's a job. Remember when I wrote Don't Skip Dinner? Well this is me...not skipping dinner.
I had to write a letter to the board.
My boss had to give me an official "Verbal Warning."
So far I've had to figure out a new plan for fifty things that are happening that week at work.
My pay will be docked for 3 of the 6 days I'm off.
But this is me...not skipping dinner and saying yes. I leave for Grenada the day after my birthday. Hashtag: Happy Birthday to me!
I'm packing a suitcase full of swimsuits, books, flip-flops...and not a single pair of heels. I'm going to leave work behind and spend a week on Casa, ASS' (Aunt Super Suzanne...but you can call her ASS too, everyone does) catamaran. We will fill our days with snorkling, swimming, picking fresh fruit from the trees and basking in the sun. I said yes (and a big fat thank you to all parties concerned).
We like your blog but where did we land on that proposal story?






0 comments