Getting !@#$ing Real

7:18 PM

Face only selfie at the perfect angle?  Don't mind if I do.  Hiding part of me behind other people so you just see my legs and face?  Absolutely. 
What you didn't see was...everything else. 
Katie, anyone who sees you in person sees the rest of you.  You're not hiding that well. 

I'm a Facebook liar about my weight, as are many of us.  
The perfect angle, the perfect filter and viola...our worlds look great. 

I do NOT look the same as high school.  
I do NOT look the same as I did, even, a few years ago.
Time to stop being a Facebook liar and get !@#$ing real.
I don't like the way I look.  Period.  

The only way I'm ever successful is by doing a few things...

1.  Blogging
I have to be accountable to my blog.  So, get ready for lots of "Journey to the Healthiest Version of Me" posts.  Food, fitness, and healthy living. 

Here I am, putting it all out there.  I'm at a low and it's time to get high again.  Hashtag: fit is hot and happy

Bare minimum I will blog every Sunday-reflecting on the past week and setting goals for the upcoming week.  
Wow, sounds invigorating.  We can't wait to read that Katie. 

Doesn't it?!  I know you can't wait ;)

If I were willing to be crafty, I'd put it in a book to look like this but since I'm not, it will be on my blog. 


2.  Accountability Buddies
I do really well when I can check in with people daily.  Here's what I'm looking for...
- Straight shooting, no nonsense friends to text me and I can text them.  
- People who are on My Fitness Pal (and using it) to share their diary with me and I will share mine with them. 


Any takers?


3.  Social Worker Outers
I'm so social that if I trick myself into thinking I'm just meeting up with friends, working out doesn't seem so daunting.  In college my friend and I used to go to the gym together almost every day.  We would be next to each other on the elliptical and try and beat each others calorie count.  I was in much better shape in college.  I also had a huge crush on the guy who worked at the gym so that helped too. 

My other friend and I have been hiking on Saturdays so on Saturdays I'm spoken for.  Other days...I'm open.   I would be willing to meet people at the following places to get our heart rates up together:
- Mountainside Fitness
The new one at Desert Ridge.  I haven't joined yet but I'm considering.
- Cactus Pool 
We can't actually swim until 6 pm but I could meet someone there.
- Hiking
I would even be willing to hike before school <--- Eeek, that's early. 
- Walking
We can meet and go walking. 

I need people on my calendar who can commit to certain days, like, "Every Tuesday we meet in the morning to hike." 


Anyone else need to get real?  Wanna do it together? 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love you KC! Will catch up when I'm back from Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get the myfitness pal! i just got my jawbone working again (charged it) but I'll download it right right now! accountability buddies, whaaaattt? So glad you're going to blog on Sundays - I love reading your shit! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers