What I'm Loving Wednesday-Surgery Edition
6:06 PMI'm oh so grateful for so many things this Wednesday...
Helpful Friends
I seriously know the best people.
My sister-in-law flew in to help me out and help me she did! She went so far above and beyond, it was amazing.
She made me gourmet breakfasts!
She filled my entire freezer full of home-cooked meals...and some Smart Ones too :)
She made sure I was taking my pain meds on time
She took Scout for walks, to the dog park and even to get a new toy-which has quickly become her favorite.
She drank wine with me. She pretended she liked the beer I bought her even though Tom told me later she didn't. She was already my favorite, but this just moved her further up the list. Love you Danielle Cartier.
Faith came over and clean my entire house!
She willingly came over and drove me to my doctor's appointment to get my cast.
She took me to Safeway to help me shop...and get the BEST popsicles in the world.
She got down on her hands and knees to dust the nooks crannies of my entertainment shelf (and said, "I'm just doing a surface cleaning, not a deep cleaning." Umm, that's the deepest cleaning my house has ever had.)
She vacuumed! She even did some redecorating!
My roommate, Tiffany, did all the dishes.
I made a mess. She cleaned it up. Good deal!
She even brought me my FAVORITE sno cone, Tropical Sno! (I seem to be on an all frozen treat diet these days-real mature)
Josh and Brandon came over.
Josh checked on my Internet and helped me get a faster speed.
Brandon pretended he didn't like my dog...but, really, loves her ;)
Friends & Family all over offered to help!
My aunt Suzanne has called every day. My 3rd cousin told me she'd come to town to help. Lots of Facebook, "Can I helps!" Even my neighbor, who was removing her carpet after a flood, asked if she could walk Scout for me!
Helpful Supplies
This tray which holds everything I need. PS. Yes that is a Bud Light. No, I'm not embarrassed to my Beer Snob friends. I love my Bud Light.
This little gem of an ice pack.
My Scouty...she's the best cuddler ever. Ever.
Ok, ok, laugh it up. I know, I look like a real lame but it was a Godsent on those first few days. The basket on it was really handy too.













0 comments