FAIL

7:42 PM

I have a confession...

If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that long ago in a kingdom far away (Cortez High School), I went to take the Principal Test.

I mentioned that it was a brutal, all day test, where I had to sit (not something I'm very good at) for EIGHT LONG HOURS.

I had to stare at this book for EIGHT HOURS.
I had to bubble in answers for EIGHT HOURS.
I had to write 4 different essays for EIGHT HOURS.

So, I went.  I read.  I bubbled.  I wrote.  I went through TWO entire boxes of pencils.  The next day my neck hurt from looking down for so long.  It was a painful experience for someone who has ADHD who doesn't love sitting for that long.



Anyway, anyone who pays a lot of attention to everything I post on Facebook.  We don't Katie.  Anyway, you'd realize that I posed that I took the test but I never posted the results.

Know why?
BECAUSE I FAILED, THAT'S WHY.


Yes, you read that correctly.  Passing score 240.  My score 239.

I thought I was hallucinating when I read it but, sadly, I was not.



So, after a LOT of tears and emotional breakdowns to multiple people I pulled myself together and called them because not only did I not pass by 1 point but I did the worst of the writing portion.  AWESOME.  

To make a very long story short, I contested my score and they said, "Sorry.  We won't rescore it.  Take it again Dumbass."  The probably didn't say Dumbass-at least not to my face.  

All of this sucks.  It means I have to pay another $265 and take another 8 hour test again.  It means I didn't pass a test that, literally, every single person I know who has taken it has passed on the first round.  SO EMBARRASSING.  I feel like I'm gonna regret even posting this.  

All the people in my cohort took the test at the same time.  
"How'd you do?"  "Did you get your scores?"  
I totally lied.  How embarrassing to tell them I failed.  

So, anyway, fast forward to the Assistant Principal position opened at my school.  I applied knowing I'll take (and PASS with any luck at all) and have the scores for in October.   Just found out...I can't apply because I don't have a passed test and my certificate.  



If you need me, I'll be the girl in the corner with my tail between my legs.  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers