What I'm Loving Wednesday-Family Edition

9:32 AM

It's a New Year.  I've had days and days of family time and we didn't kill each other so I'm all touchy feely right now...

Big and Loud
I love it.  I love when everyone is together.  At least 30 people but I've known all of them since I was tiny.  I super love our great big family.



Psychic Family Members
There are some people who are so in tune with you and your history that no words are really necessary.  They just know and act accordingly.  Love that.  Love them.

Cute Kids Running Around
It's always loud.  There are always kids under foot.  Pretending they're kitties crawling on the ground.  Playing Zombies.  Crying because they ran into a tree.  "Who got hurt?"

BFFs by my Side at Every Event
Secret conversations with our eyes.  Yeah, just like that.


Making Fun of People
"Uncle Dan is wearing a Speedo.  Why is he wearing a Speedo and cowboy hat?"
"Aunt Suzanne is wearing her toe socks.  Seriously someone needs to steal those and hide them from her."

Everyone Pitching In to Help
If you cook, you should never have to clean.  Other people clean.  All my mom did was look at me and I knew I should get up and start clearing the table and helping with dishes, one of my favorite things she taught me.  NOTHING annoys me more than when people don't help or just expect other people to do things for them.  I believe it's a character flaw.  So, get up and do your part.

In my family we do our part.  EVERYONE helps.  High five.


Famous Food
We all have "our dish."  Well mostly my uncle has his dishes but at our gatherings we can ALWAYS count on Wings and Poppers.  They never last long because the vultures get to them but they're amazing every time.  I'm trying to perfect my own "dish" so they keep inviting me.


Picture Time
It's so annoying.  You're all trying to have conversations and Amy calls everyone together for a "family picture."  And it take freaking FOREVER to take that thing.  "Kids in the front.  No, put the kids on the sides.  No, put the kids near Nana and Papa.  _________, stop kicking your brother.  Boys, stop trying to climb the fence.  SOMEONE take the damn picture. "

And then everyone says, "Amy, tag me in that picture."  And Amy rolls her eyes because we all bitch and moan but we are all glad it happened.

Until next time...Happy freaking 2013!  I'm so happy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers