Perfectly Normal...Movies

8:20 PM

Sometimes people make fun of my movie tastes.  I may or may not be known as a girl who ONLY watches Rom-Coms...but that's only partly true.

2 of my closest friends called me tonight and said, "We're going to see The Hobbit and wanted to extend the invitation but we already know you won't come."

I really considered it.  Maybe I could try and expand my horizons?  I'm sure I'll get something out of it.

"It's 2 hours and 50 minutes."
"What?!  As in five-zero?  Is there an Intermission during it?"
I told him I'd get back to him.

2 minutes later...

Nope, can't do it.
I don't like elves or things with pointy ears.
I don't like darkness as I saw in a horrible movie I once saw called "Lord of the Rings"
I hate fantasy movies.
So, no I can't do it.

OMG, I just googled "The Hobbit" and I am SO glad I didn't see this.
That thing is going to give me nightmares tonight!


I AM trying to expand my movie genres but quite honestly, why the hell would I want to pay to see bad things?  If I pay to see a movie, I want bright, people gazing into each others eyes, possibly a beach...what's so wrong with that?!?

My Top 5...
1.  Crazy, Stupid, Love
2.  The Notebook
3.  When Harry Met Sally
4.  Anything with Ryan Reynolds
5.  How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Sweet Home Alabama, Friends with Benefits, The Wedding Date, Hitch, The Holiday, My Best Friend's Wedding, He's Just Not that in to You, Notting Hill, Knocked Up, Pretty Woman, What Happens in Vegas...and a few more ;)




However, in an effort to add to my movie watching reportaie (I hate when I use cool words but can't spell them), I did go and see "Flight" with some friends.  It's not a movie I ever would have chosen but it was AMAZEBALLS.  I wanted to see it again right after it.  I want to see it again right now.  This minute.  It was a mix between action/an episode of Intervention/a touchy feely-makes-you-feel-all-warm-inside-movie.

So, maybe I'm going to add a goal to this year...watch more "out of my genre" movies.

Another goal of mine is to convince Johnny Depp to play the leading man in a rom/com.  Come on Johnny!  Just PLAY the ridiculously hot man you are for ONCE in your odd life!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers