GMO
9:28 PM
I wonder if it's better to be in the dark. Sometimes I wish I didn't learn new information because if I didn't know I wouldn't feel like I had to make a decision and do soemthing about it.
However...a few weeks ago I was at a family gathering and was talking about a Paleo lifestyle with my cousin. Maybe it was an aunt. I had never met her. I have 10 million family members. Moving on...she starting talking about this movie, Genetic Roulette and GMOs.
Now, I read a lot about food, health, etc but I hadn't really heard about GMOs, per se.
So...I'm going to give you the short, picture filled version of what I found out. If your ADD is as bad as mine, that's about as much as you can handle and stay focused on at one time ;)
What is a GMO?
Genetically Modified Organisms.
I don't know if I get it...tell me more.
Let me give you an example. Corn. Corn is supposed to grow, right? Well sometimes bugs eat the corn and then that corn is ruined. In order for that not to happen Monsanto (a disgusting company that many of your favorite food cooperations buy product from) started modifying their corn so that it produces it own pesticide when it grows. So...if a bug eats the corn, the bug blows up. I'm not freaking kidding. The bug blows up. Corn...not safe for consumption by bugs but safe for consumption by people. Interesting.
Where do GMOs come from?
A lot of places, really, but the biggest supplier is Monsanto. It's a HUGE company and really should be referred to as The Devil.
Their employees who are "feeding" their corn wear hazmat suits...which should be acceptable right? For people touching the food we eat? They need Hazmat suits? Hmmm.
Their employees who are "feeding" their corn wear hazmat suits...which should be acceptable right? For people touching the food we eat? They need Hazmat suits? Hmmm.
What products contain GMOs?
SO MANY PRODUCTS. In fact, they are in 80% of our processed foods.

If you're interested I just downloaded this Non-GMOs Shoppers' Guide for free, which is a list of non-GMO products. Apparently there's an app for it too and when I get rid of my Zack Morris phone I'll download the app.
What do GMOs do?
Well here's what they do to rats.
SO MANY PRODUCTS. In fact, they are in 80% of our processed foods.

If you're interested I just downloaded this Non-GMOs Shoppers' Guide for free, which is a list of non-GMO products. Apparently there's an app for it too and when I get rid of my Zack Morris phone I'll download the app.
What do GMOs do?
Well here's what they do to rats.
Yeah, those are tumors all over their bodies...
Disgusting, I know.
Think about what that same food is doing to us.
They also cause birth defects, food allergies, gastrointestinal issues (Chron's Disease, acid reflux, Leaky Gut)...just to name a few things.
Doesn't everything cause cancer these days?
Short answer. Yes. Why? Because we are having people eat science projects instead of food.
What can I do?
Well, you can do whatever you want. I ain't yo mama...but here's what I am going to do.
I am going to do my best to buy products on my non-GMO list.
I am going to cross my fingers so hard that Prop 37, in California, passes so that companies HAVE to start labeling products that contain GMOs
I'm going to finish watching Genetic Roulette






0 comments