C25K
6:08 AMSo, I started back to the gym yesterday.
I got on the treadmill and used my C25K app on my phone which, by the way, is awesome. I mean, at first I was a bit surprised. I really thought that with an app called "Couch to 5K" it would start with something a little easier like: Day 1- Remove your ass from the couch and put on your gym clothes. Day 1 complete.
Apparently my iPhone wants to push my a little harder than that. So, Day 1-5 minute brisk walk to warm up, then alternate 60 second run, 90 second walk for 20 minutes followed by a 5 minute cool down. Not too intense. This thing is great. It tells me exactly what to do and when so I can just listen to my music.
Though, it IS a little bossy. I was hoping for a sweet, "Ok, it's time to run. Good job!" It says, in a manly military-like voice, "Run." "Walk." "Run." "Workout complete."
What?! That's it?! "Workout complete." How bout, "Way to move your ass today. I'm so impressed at your endurance (can I even use those words without laughing when I run for 60 seconds at a time). Way to only watch 2 episodes of Khloe and Lamar and not 12!" So, I need more accolades than most. Oh well, I guess I'll have to call my friends for those because apparently Mr. Drill Sargent voice on Couch to 5K won't be giving it to me.
Today...Day 2 of C25K.
1 comments
Love that you are doing C25K. I started this week as well and I'm looking forward to my first 5k on Sep. 10th. I'm thinking I might do all 4 5k's if I like the first one. They take place at vineyards all over AZ. and the races end with a tasting :-) I can run a 5k as long as I know wine is waiting for me at the end. Here is the link http://www.arizonawine.org/events.html
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you are interested in doing it with me. I'd love to get a big group together. :-)
I'm very proud of all hard work you're doing!