Awkward and Awesome

9:42 PM

I give full credit to http://www.littlemissmomma.com/ for coming up with this idea. I actually think her friend came up with it. Nonetheless. I heart it and I will steal it because I think that if I read someones blog on a regular basis, we're friends so she won't care. However, if you're bored of my blog, go and look at hers. She a professional (unlike myself and my ametuer (I can't get the red line to go away. That means I spelled that word so wrong that the computer can't even tell what I was trying to write. Oh well, I give up. am-eh-chure, in case you didn't know either) status) and funny and fun and has super cute crafty projects...but I digress.

Here are a few Awkward and Awesome (I've noticed that I just capitalize anything I feel "deserves" a capital letter, such as awkward and awesome, don't tell my students I don't follow the capitalization rules) things that keep me on track.

Let's start with Awkward...because it's more fun and I know all of you enjoy laughing at my mishaps.

Awkward Things that Keep Me on Track

Every morning I put the blowdryer under my chin so it blows all of my hair back and I feel like a supermodel for a few minutes...until I turn off the blowdryer. When I'm feel low, I do it for longer. How does it keep me on track? Because. When my face is fat I don't feel supermodely so I can't have that.


I do "the check" every morning as well. I used to check my stomach by sitting down to see if there were any rolls. I secretly likes the tiny skin rolls but if it rolled like there was fat, it was a bad day. Now, I'm older and not a size 5 so I already know what the answer will be if I do that check. I, instead, do the back check. How far do I have to bend to make a back roll? Is is there when I am just standing? BAD DAY. Do I have to really bend back? EXCELLENT DAY.


Can I feel my hip bones? I don't know why but I wasn't blessed with wide hips (ps. that might be another "awkward." I want big hips and I could care less if my booty gets bigger. Are you singing Sir-Mix-A-Lot right now too?) Anyway, if I'm about to got to sleep and can feel my hip bones well, I'm doing fine. If not, it's time to move my arse, er...hips. PS. I know this picture doesn't really fit but those ARE his hips and that IS all I watched when I saw Fight Club so I think it fits.


And a few Awesomes...
I LOVE cinnamon and I found these Cinnamon Almonds with, only, 1 gram of sugar per serving. I crush them and put them in my oatmeal. DELICIOUS!



I have to stay healthy because I don't excel at many things but I am a damn good aunt. You're not seeing the how being healthy equates to being a good aunt? Is it because I wanna live a healthy life and be able to run around with them? No, it's much more vain than that. I hate being in pictures with my niece and nephew when I am insecure and since I see them all the time, I have to keep it up. PS. I know that Lumberjack sweater isn't the girliest thing ever. I blame the mother of these perfect children because I said, "Bring me a sweater and that's what she gave me."




And there you have it. What are the awkward and awesome things that keep you on track?!?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Super fun katie. almost wrote supper fun. either way. I haven't been staying on track much either...but you inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you wrote this one, putting the pictures that are related with your comments at the same time....That was so funny. And yes like Michelle said I haven't been staying on track too, maybe it's because the summer, the high temperatures, or....well we can find any excuse isn't?

    ReplyDelete

Followers