Lookin' Good! Feelin Good! Dating Good!
8:07 AMAhh, I've been a bad blogger! I'm getting back on it.
Here's the update:
I did Biggest Loser with 23 of the staff members at my school. I busted my booty, eating right and exercising. I lost 23 lbs and got second place. It wasn't first and my competitive side didn't like losing but...I won.
Things I won:
My "Real" Clothes Fit.
All my good clothes (i.e. clothes that are NOT from Old Navy or Target) are in my regular size, and I haven't been in them for a while, but I'm back! Hello, beautiful clothes that I paid good money for. Oh, how I've missed you!
My Smile is Back.
My mom used to always say, "All of your happiness is wrapped up in your weight." It's a sad but very true statement. It's amazing the confidence you have when you feel good about yourself.
I'm Dating Again!
Due to lives extenuating circumstances for the past few years, I haven't really felt ready to jump into a relationship. I am a fairly happy person, but at that time I wasn't. So, I needed to get my head straight so I didn't end up attracting a man who wanted to take care of me and put me back together. Mission accomplished. About a year ago I got back to being myself, standing on my own two feet and ready to date. The only problem...no confidence because in the process of putting my head back together, I ate a LOT of sugar.
If you know me from college, you know that Social Butterfly Cartier was the name of my game...and I had game. Ha! Ha! Kidding (a little bit). But...when you put on weight and don't feel good, Socially Retarded Cartier was what you got. But I'm back! I'm ready to be dating. I have dates lined up, fingers are crossed, life is good!
However, question for my blog enthusiasts...where do I meet people? Everyone I know says, "Try online dating. You're a teacher, you don't meet people." All true. I know that online dating works. I have friends who have married their eHarmony "matches," but I just don't think it's for me.
When I think of all of the best couples I know, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been a "match" on eHarmony. Also, why do I want someone who has everything in common with me anyway? That's boring!
"What are your political views?"
"Oh, really, mine too."
"What's your religion?"
"Really, me too."
"What was the economic background of your family."
"Cool, me too."
Zzzzzzzzz, Excuse me while I try and wake myself back up.
I once read a statistic that "Only 30% of single men over the age of 30 are mentally stable." AFKM (You can figure out that acronym)? Awesome, I can't wait to jump into this pool.
4 comments
You were always a winner!! You just finally saw that :)
ReplyDeleteLol!!! You crack me up girl!!! So happy for you!!! You will find that right guy for you.... just put that Cartier swag on!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, 23 lbs is a lot! Good for you! Let's see a before and after pic!
ReplyDeleteYay, Katie!!
ReplyDeleteAs a now single, middle-aged woman who is not currently dating and was married her whole adult life, dating tips for young you from old me are well... lol laughable. But as a writer and someone who reads a lot, here's my two cents worth: church groups, seminars and interest clubs for your age group like hiking, photography, cooking, travel etc., online meet-up groups and matching making friends and family :) Rise and Shine!!