Found It!
10:12 PM"Find something you love to do and then it won't feel like working out." The quote I heard over and over and over. Each time I imagined punching the person (usually someone with a perfect body) who said it.
Says Mr. Triathlete, "I just LOVE running. It's so addicting. If I don't do it, I don't feel good." (Imagining myself kicking him in his fit little shins)
Says Mrs. Swim Master, "Swimming makes me feel so good. I just get in the pool and go and I go for miles and miles." (Imagining myself snapping her goggles on her head)
Says Ms. Bikram Yoga, "It's like a drug. I just do it because I HAVE to do it, for me." (Imagining myself forcing her to put her face on that sweat-filled floor)
I'm that girl now. I LOVE hiking. It IS like my drug. For me, it is a whole body experience. Mind, body, and soul. I'm so glad I found something that I enjoy doing. I love that I can do it with friends and socialize (one of my all-time favorite things to do) or do it by myself and have just as much fun. People on the mountain are always happy and positive which makes for great surroundings. The dessert in bloom is, quite possibly, one of the most beautiful sites in the world.
The time of day and my mood determine my playlist, and I just cruise. Sunrise hikes, in the morning make me feel closer to God, and my mom, and my grandma. (No, this isn't a commercial for the Catholic church, you're still on the right channel). Afternoon hikes help me clear my head after a day of putting new thoughts in there. As I hike, I get to be with just me, my music and my thoughts. By the time I'm done, my head it clear, I feel like I've sweated out tons of toxins and I have a ton of energy.
This has been, by far, my best hiking season yet. I put in more miles than I ever have, and I saw so much progress in myself. I went faster. I could go further without stopping. I had more endurance. And each time it got easier.
Are you that person imagining yourself poking holes in my Camelbak? I would be so excited if that were the case because that would mean I'm making at least one person think...or just making them nauseous. Either way, YEAH!
0 comments