No Fast Fixes

8:50 AM

I haven't posted anything about this because I'm scared I'll quit if I write about it.  So, can you just pretend you didn't read it?  Don't say, "good job," because as I wrote in Shut up and Dance, the research the Ted Talk says I'll quit.

Butttt, since you're here, I have to say...

I'm kinda killing it right now. 

Shh, pretend you never read that and don't say, "Good job." 

Usually, when I do something, I do it really, really hard for a very short period of time.  I wrote about that here if you need some background info.  Notice that there's no link?  I can't find it.  10 points if you find an old blog of mine about consistency.

This time I'm doing Weight Watchers and exercising.

It's this incredible, hidden recipe I just found for weight loss called:
Eat well and exercise.  

No, seriously.  Mind blowing, I know.

Anyway, I promised myself that this time around I would work to find balance, be consistent and stay the course and, for today, I'm doing just that.

Find balance
I'm doing Weight Watchers, not a Whole 30.  There's nothing that's "off limits" in my diet.  You want a cupcake?  Eat a cupcake.  Then, eat fish for dinner.  You want a drink?  Have a drink or two or three but know that's where you chose to "spend" your points. You have a big dinner out with friends and want to indulge?  Do it.  Those are your weekly points.

In the past Weight Watchers didn't work that well because it was based on, pretty much, calories only and if a bag of Jelly Beans has the same point value as carrots and hummus, I'm eating Jelly Beans every time.  Grow up Katie.  Now, they have re-worked the formula to steer you far away from sugar.  It's not off limits but it does come at a high price.  Fine, Weight Watchers, I won't eat the jelly beans...that often.

The most fit people I know do this.  They don't cut things out for a period of time.  They just find the balance.



Be consistent 
I'm not doing this for 30 days.  I'm not doing it for a 7 day cleanse.  I'm doing this forever.  It helps keep me accountable to log my food so I log my food-every 2nd dinner that I eat standing at the counter while I'm cooking every bite.

I'm consistently exercising which, I will admit, is super easy for Summer Katie because I have 24 hours of time in my work-free day to exercise.  The best I ever looked was when my mom made me drive my brother to his boxing class five days a week in high school.  I'd work out every time I went and, like magic, weight fell off and I looked supa-fly.  You're embarrassing Katie. 

Right now, I'm choosing exercise that I enjoy.  I love swimming laps so I swim laps because I know I'll be willing to do it consistently.  I hate running so I don't run because life is too short to !@#$ing run if you hate it.  !@#$ running.  I've tried to love it and I have learned to hate it less but it's never going to pump me up to "go for a run."  No.  Just...no.



Sidenote: I'd like to invent a new kind of gym called Consistency.  The reason people quit the gym is because they don't go but if they go, it works.  So, upon registering, you give them your account info and every workout you miss, they auto deduct $100 from your bank account.  I think it's a million dollar idea!

Stay the course
I steal everything and really don't have my own ideas and, as expected, I stole this too.  Thanks for making this your motto Jamie.  It's mine now too.  Stolen. (PS.  Jamie has recently lost over FIFTY POUNDS and looks HAF (hot as !@#$).



There have been at least 10 times in the last month that I want to jump ship and try what my friends are doing because they look awesome and are getting such great results, but I'm not letting myself this time because I don't have enough money to join that gym because I've learned about myself and I know I would do it for a few minutes and then quit and be back where I started.


Things are happening.  I can see them but they aren't happening fast enough.  So I wrote this blog for me to remind myself that it doesn't happen overnight but it happens from staying the course.  If you struggle with this, you're in good company and if you ever wanna workout, I'll be at Mountainside! 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers