Balls Dropping
6:42 PM
I decided to take a quick weekend trip to California to see Dave Matthews Band. So, I took Friday off of work, drove out and came back Sunday (more on the rad trip in another blog).
Since I got back I have dropped so many balls, I actually can't believe I'm still functioning.
Ball Drop #1-I set my alarm for 4:45 but accidentally pressed Snooze 16 times. So, I didn't do my hair this morning. #ilookedawesome
Ball Drop #2-The shelf in my garage broke and everything on it, including 15 full cans of paint (Umm, I'm pretty sure shelves don't hold that much weight. Perhaps that was your first mistake) came crashing down. So, being the go getter that I am, I looked at it and back right the eff out of the driveway. I still haven't cleaned it up. #growupkatie
Ball Drop #3-We have a Leadership Meeting every Monday. As part of it we have to update the Powerpoint. I have 3 slides. I updated 0 slides. #instructionalcoachoftheyear
Ball Drop #4-I'm grading papers, again, for ASU (hashtag: kill me). Papers must be graded by midnight on Sunday evening. When I got home I took a nap and then spent the rest of the evening doing math problems in my head of how long it would take me to grade the papers if I started at 5:47...if I started at 6:23...if I started at 8:57. I missed the deadline on the first assignment, mind you, and graded them this morning. #everyonegetsana
Ball Drop #5-I had an emergency gym bag packed so I grabbed it before I left the house this morning to attempt to counter the nachos, beer, In and Out, 4 Chocolate Chip Cookies (Damn you Doubletree!) Turtle Chex Mix and Giant Sweet Tarts from this weekend. What in the actual !@#$ Katie? You need 100 workouts...and an apple or 12 to counter that. Anyway, I didn't look at the clothes I was brining but apparently there were some really rad (in sarcastic font) Soffee shorts. Soffee shorts? Like the big, baggy ones we wore in 1999? Yep. #growupandwearyourleggingskatie
Ball Drop #6-My boss says, "Can you check in with our new teacher and make sure she knows how to write lesson plans for a sub." Me, "Yes." Today I get a text from our new teacher who has a sub tomorrow. Me reading the text, "!@#$" I forgot to check in with her. #iamoutofballstodrop
Ball Drop #7-I haven't charged my Fitbit in days. I don't even know why I left my bed today since the steps didn't count.
Ball Drop #8-I didn't pack my lunch so I had to eat a $12 lunch from Whole Foods...and my green beans were raw. #growupwholefoods
Happy Monday! I hope you're still holding all your balls!



0 comments