Ghosting
10:11 AM
The other day I was having a problem, a question, that I needed answered. So, I consulted my therapist...Google.
"Google, what do you do if he suddenly stops talking to you?"
Kaaaatie, you are embarrassing. I thought you just had a birthday and I'm pretty sure you didn't turn 14.
Google answered me with a new word, Ghosting.
"Google, what do you do if he suddenly stops talking to you?"
Kaaaatie, you are embarrassing. I thought you just had a birthday and I'm pretty sure you didn't turn 14.
Google answered me with a new word, Ghosting.
I get it. We have all done it. There are a LOT of fish (be them crippled fish who are missing fins or have been caught and thrown back a few times) in the sea and sometimes we have to ghost.
A few months ago I went out with a guy. He was super nice, not all that attractive. We spent a long night of chatting and drinking wine together and then he let us split the bill. Done. I ghosted him when he text me later that night. Never replied, nothing.
A few months ago I went out with a guy. He was super nice, not all that attractive. We spent a long night of chatting and drinking wine together and then he let us split the bill. Done. I ghosted him when he text me later that night. Never replied, nothing.
But you want to know when ghosting is not ok?
When it's done to me!
Oh yes, we know. Everything is ok when you do it but never ok when you get a taste of your own medicine.
Yeah, you right.
When it's done to me!
Oh yes, we know. Everything is ok when you do it but never ok when you get a taste of your own medicine.
Yeah, you right.
Perhaps we all need to "People up" Umm, people up? Yeah, you know because I'm talking about women and men so I can't say "man up." I'm coining a new phrase. People up. Lame. Singles, can we all make a collective agreement to not be @$$holes?! Please?!
You're not into to someone?
Gently tell them.
No ghosting.
In order to avoid getting ghosted...
And, for the love of God, don't do this. (Not speaking from personal experience at all. I would never do anything that desperate and embarrassing)
In case anyone is counting, so far in this blog there are three embarrassing things about my life:
- That I call Google my therapist
- That I told you exactly what I typed in there which doesn't paint the most awesome picture for me
- That I am referring to a "new word" whose target demographic is between 14 and 18 years old
Final advice. If you're not in to someone, tell them. Super easy text to send: Hey, I think you're really nice but it's not really there for me. Bye Felicia. Just kidding on the last part.
Final advice. If you're not in to someone, tell them. Super easy text to send: Hey, I think you're really nice but it's not really there for me. Bye Felicia. Just kidding on the last part.





0 comments