Tantastic
5:20 PMI was white. Real white.
There was a Groupon, $27 for 3 spray tans. I had only spray tanned one time so I decided to go for it because, well, this...
Let's just say, I got a little aggressive with the color.
"What color would you like?"
LPIMH: Well, I want to be tan so the 2nd level looks good but let's go to the 3rd level for good measure.
"I'll take medium."
I did the whole routine in there-lotion so it didn't get everywhere, listened to the recording tell me when to turn and where to stand, choked on some chemically spray and viola, done.
"Thanks, see ya later!"
I did a lot of googling and it said to not shower for 12 hours for "maximum tan."
So I waited until the next day.
I woke up a different race. As I got ready I wondered if anyone would notice. LPIMH: I'm sure it's not as drastic as it seems to me.
Literally, the SECOND I walked in to work my boss said, "You're really tan!" Let me remind you that it rained all weekend long so there was no way I could pull off a "I laid out all weekend story."
At least 5 more people at my school said something. I totally confessed each time. Is it supposed to be a secret? I told them I sprayed. I was caught anyway. They kept saying, "It doesn't look bad, just dark." I think they were thinking, "It looks bad and way too dark."
At noon I left my campus for a meeting where I was immediately greeted with, "Wow, Katie, you're tan. Have you been outside?" At the time I was sitting with a guy I don't know super well and, Josh, a guy I do know super well. I told the guy I didn't know that, yes, I had been outside.
Fast forward to after the meeting. I missed a call from Josh.
I called him later,
"So...where have you been laying in tanning beds?"
"What? I haven't. Why?"
"Because that's not the color of your skin and I just saw you last week."
![]() |
| I was going for this |
![]() |
| I looked more like this |
Awesome. Lesson learned: I can't handle spray tanning.




3 comments
This is so funny...especially at the end with the pictures. I have wondered about spray tanning...so think I know a little bit more now...think I might just forego it. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteSo funny. I was smiling throughout the post. It made me curious to see what it actually looked like, knowing it probably is not as bad as you are thinking (especially with the picture below). I especially liked the build up of you telling most people that it was a spray tan until the last instance. The phone call at the end was perfect to add on to the humor. I'm glad he waited to call after rather than pointing it out in front of others!
ReplyDeleteLMFAO!!! Calm down Gellar.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD2N2eqCjC0