Therapy
5:50 PMDo you see a therapist? A real live therapist?
I have my personal therapy...
Talks with good friends
Bike rides
Writing my blog
The beach
Great workouts
Long baths
Music on my patio
My favorite songs blasting in the car
But not an actual therapist.
The conversation I had with my friend the other day is that we all get these wounds in our lives and some of them are deeper than others. It's important to work to heal those wounds and sometimes you really need to dig into them and clean them out and it will hurt and it's yucky but it's necessary. If you just put a band-aid on it, it might heal and it might look fine but they you'll get an infection All that crap that wasn't dealt with before will manifest in other ways.
I think I'm going to start. I have 2.5 friends who are therapists, the 1/2 is for the one who is almost a therapist. I went to a therapist twice in my life, once in high school for a while and once after my mom died-once. During the 2nd run, I went in there, cried for the ENTIRE hour (ugly, disgusting cry), left and never went back. WTF?
I've always been a big fan of therapy. I mean, obviously, Ms. Chatty herself is going to be a proponent of anything that involves talking. I think everyone needs therapy and don't think anyone should be embarrased about it.
So...therapy. Time to bust open some of those old wounds and clean them out once and for all. And when I'm done, I hope I'll be left with a small scar rather than a yucky infection.
What's your therapy? How do you feel about real live therapy?




0 comments