High/Low

10:56 AM

A long time ago I saw the movie, "The Story of Us."  Obviously I loved it.  It was about a family, the deep relationships in it and love.  I mean, I think they MADE it for me.

During they movie they play a game around the table every day.  High/Low.



Since this movie I have played this game with every person who I have come in contact with for more than 24 hours...ok, some I've known less than 24 hours.

What's the game Katie?

So, here are the rules.  When it's your turn, you say your "low" of the day and then your "high" of the day.  That's the whole game?  It's not much of a game.  

PS. It's called High/Low but I like to do the Low first then the High so you end on a positive note but I don't wanna change the name because Low/High sounds dumbballs.  <---Lol, I just said that word and it sounded like gumballs.  I really amuse myself.

My brother says, "I !@#$ing hate High/Low."  I know most might believe him because why would someone cuss and be so intense if he didn't really hate it.  Because...it's Tom.  He doesn't hate it.  I'm sure he doesn't.  Why would anyone hate this game?

Here are all the reasons I love it.  Before I start this list, I feel like it would be a million things but I'll probably get tired of writing about about 5 things...but I really do love it a lot, more than just 5 things.

1.  It gives everyone an opportunity to talk equally.  Ohhh, I just realized why Tom hates it.  He likes to be in charge of 100% of conversations so you really have to claw your way in but with High/Low, no clawing necessary.

2.  It encourages communication!  I heart communication.  PS.  If you have moody sweet teenagers, this is a GREAT way to get them to talk.  No more, "How was your day?" "Fine."  Change it up!  High/Low.



3.  You can get a pulse on where everybody is at that time.

4.  My nephew sounds freaking ah-dorable when he plays.  For some reason he must have heard us always start the game with, "How was your day?"  So when we say, "Let's play High/Low," he says, "How was your daaaayyyyy?"

The other day we played on Skype.  I was surprised he said yes because he usually says, "Aunt Katie, High/Whoa is only for dinner time."   He says, "And, my whoa (low), I don't have a whoa today Aunt Katie.  It was just a great day."  <---love him

And I asked Lily, "What was your high?"
"Ummm, Walmart."
"Walmart?  Did you get a doughnut?"
"Yep!"

If you're still not convinced this is the best game ever invented, guess what else?  The Kardashians also play-except they call it Peak/Pit.  It's a cute name but I'm sticking with High/Low and if you play after reading this, you have to call it High/Low too.  Ok?  Deal? Deal.





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. so the whole time I was thinking you would tell your high-low. but you didn't!! so what's your high - whoa? : )
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Followers