Missing IT

9:30 PM

I'm not Crossfitting right now.
I haven't walked into 480, since I walked out in early October.



My most recent ankle injury wasn't completely healed and, as usual, I didn't really listen, tried to do more than I should have and re-injured myself.

So...I went home.
I went home to heal.
To have a giant pity party.
To be sad about my dumb ligaments and tendons.

I went to physical therapy.
I got an MRI.
I was told I need surgery.
I'm still trying to get a 2nd opinion that tells me I don't.

And in the meantime...
I sit.
I told myself maybe my Crossfit ship had sailed.
Maybe I should find a new "thing."

I tried hot yoga.
I rode my bike a bit.
I walked a little.
But I just haven't felt IT.

The IT I feel when I look at the board and don't wanna do the workout...and then do it anyway.
The IT I feel when I walk in and leave everything I have on the gym floor.
The IT I feel when I PR something almost each time I'm in there.
The IT I feel when I get to add to my Crossfit Log on my phone
The IT I feel when I am more motivated to exercise than I've ever been in my life.
The IT I feel when I'm driving home, recapping the WOD and smiling to myself because I did it...again.
The IT I feel when I'm cheering people on...the same people who have cheered me on over and over again.
The IT I feel when I read other people's Facebook posts about Jackie and know exactly what they mean.The IT I feel when I'm laying on the ground, catching my breath, completely spent.




Yeah, I miss IT.

So, I'm starting to think...even modified Crossfit is probably better than no Crossfit.
Perhaps, I'll go ahead and walk back into that box.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers