Don't Be Scared & Don't Be Stupid
7:56 PM2 things I learned this week...
Don't be scared and don't be stupid
Don't Be Scared
I had seriously worked myself into a complete tailspin over the fact that I had to go back to Crossfit this week. I had a real live nightmare about it. What are they going to think? They're judging me. They're talking crap on me. I know they are. I've gained weight since I stopped going and they don't even want me back.
Katie, are you kidding? This is crazy.
Not kidding. I know, it's a little bit of a sickness how much I thought about this.
I text my CF friend. Her reply, "Are you kidding? That's the same mentality that stops really obese people from going to the gym. It's not about them. It's about you. Plus you know CF peeps are not like that!"
Turns out...she's right.
Turns out the Crossfit community is just as awesome as it was when I left.
Hug, good to have you back.
Where the hell have you been?
Good to see you?
How are you?
Turns out..they actually didn't huddle around one another, push me out of the circle, and talk crap on me.
So, I bring my lesson to you. Nobody cares if you have gained/lost weight. Nobody cares if you have a zit on your face. Nobody cares if you have a crappy haircut. Go out. Work out. Enjoy yourself.
People love you for who you are and are not completely consumed with what you look like. In fact, most people are as self absorbed as me (No they're not Katie) and too concerned about what YOU think of THEM than to think about what THEY think of YOU.
Don't Be Stupid
When you do actually go back to the gym after 4 months off you should know that you HAVE gotten weaker and you should NOT try and lift just as much weight as when you left.
Excuse me while I take 25 minutes to stand up because I can hardly move my legs.


0 comments