Accident Prone

11:15 PM

I can't wait to tell you this story.  I'm not sure why I get excited to tell you about what a lame I am but I do.

Forever I have joked that my brother tells the most detailed stories in life.  "So, then there was this ant and he was walking across the street.  I wondered where he was going..." 
"Tom can we get back to the story about you surfing please?!"

In this instance, because of his detail-oriented story telling, I feel that he may do my story better justice than ,I but he doesn't have a blog because he's thinks they're super lame he's too busy so I'll go ahead.

"What should we do with the kids today?  The trampoline place or The Children's Museum."
"Let's let Philip decide."
Philip, much like his father, really ponders this decision.  "Well, I weawwy wove the Children's Museum but I WOVE Jumpstreet.  Wet's go to Jumpstreet!" <---I wish he would say those l's as w's forever but I know that someday his l's are going to come in...and on that day, I'll be sad.

Off we went to Flip Dunk (another trampoline place like Jumpstreet).


If you've never been to one of these places, it's a kid's dream come true.  The whole place is covered in trampoline's and you just bounce all over the place.  There an area for bouncy basketball.  There's an area for bouncy dodge ball.  There's an area to just bounce.  




For adults, you can't help but think of how dirty it must be with all those shoe and sockless feet bouncing all over the place.  But if you can get past that, it's SO fun and a good way to get your heart rate up. 

So, we get our wrist bands and get to jumping.  We're all having a blast.  Philip is trying to run up the side of the wall.   Tom is showing all of the 7 year-old kids what a cool "old guy" he is by doing back flips and nailing them with dodge balls.  I'm illegally sneaking Lily into the very clearly marked CLOSED gymnastics area. 

Later into our jump session Tom and the kids are off jumping.  I think it would be a fun idea to jump across the whole place.  Now, there are trampolines but every few feet they are seperated by wood or metal covered by mats.  So, I had done it before.  I just get a big spring and jump from one trampoline to the next.

Off I go.  BIG jump from one, on to the next.  BIG jump from that one onto...the mat.  I don't even know which way my ankle twisted but I was immediately screaming in agony.  I'm looking at Tom through the mesh wall and he's asking a little girl he just knocked over if she was all right.

A pimple faced 14 year-old runs over to see if I'm all right.  I tell him to get my brother.

Tom comes back and immediately moves in to big brother mode, "Katie, don't move.  Just stay right there.  I'm going to pick you up."
"Tom you are insane.  You're not going to pick me up...on a trampoline...and carry me off.  No."
Tom picks me up.
I almost jump out of his arms.
"Seriously Tom?"

Over walk the owner of Flip Dunk to assess the situation.  I didn't take a gander around but I'd assume that everyone in the place was staring at us.

Tom's trying to help me and wrangle the kids.
"Philip, take your sister's hand and do not let go over it.  Follow Daddy.  Aunt Katie got hurt." <--Awe, how sweet.  Yeah, hang on to that thought...for a few more minutes.

2 different mid-voice change teenagers come over and are holding my arms over them.  The owner is behind her saying, "Now really support her.  Don't let her go."

The 2 boys are rolling their eyes at their boss as they are guiding me down from the death traps trampolines.

At this time I catch Tom's eye, he's trying not to laugh at me and he says, "You're being put on everyone in this place's team right now."

We sit down, "Katie, you are so embarrassing.  I know you're embarrassed but think about how I feel.  I'm the cool guy who can do EVERYTHING here.  I can back flip, dominate at dodge ball and my sister is the lame who breaks her ankle."

The final result...ANOTHER badly sprained ankle.  So far I'm at 1 or 2 sprains on my right and I think this is the 5th to my left.  Yes, I'm a bit accident prone but that's what makes me so lame endearing.

At least I have the most sympathetic brother in the world,  "And then you were just laying on the floor of the trampoline place..."  







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers