Run Forrest Run!

7:41 PM

I can think if at least 9 reasons NOT to run.

1. It's hard
2. I get shin splints.
3. I'm clumsy and I trip often while I'm walking. I don't think I'll be coordinated enough to go faster than my everyday walk.
4. The ground is hard.
5. It's hard.
6. I get shin splints.
7. My dog can't run and tries to jump up and play while I run.
8. I look like a fool while I'm trying to run.
9. I don't have cute running shoes.



I mean, seriously, what sounds fun about putting on shoes and moving your feet so fast. I'm not in that big of a hurry so I see no reason to run. If I were being chased, I see the reason. But for a daily exercise regimen, it sounds perfectly awful.


So, I'm signing up for the Pat Tillman Run.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Katie,
    Why you don't start to walk? I started it like 2 or 3 years ago. Now I walked a lot of miles and I feel so healthy!!! Just start with something that is easy first to do it. You will participate on those marathons but start with the walking. This Sunday is the Pet Smart charities and I'm going to walk 5 miles around the Tempe lake with my dog.I'm glad you are doing this....Keep doing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walk at a brisk pace at 4.0 miles with some hills here and there. I used to work with a personal trainer and he taught me that low impact cardiovascular exercises burn off more fat than the high impact ones. I burn about 550 calories an hour from those brisk walks. No hurting shins!

    ReplyDelete

Followers