Fun and Healthy Apps
6:17 PMIt goes without saying that I'm addicted to my iPhone. So, unfortunately, Droid users...this may not be your favorite article.
Here are my favorite apps that help me move and groove...and a few I stole from www.fitperez.com. Hey, don't judge! You have your vices too! One of mine just happens to be a flamboyant, shit talking, celebrity whore.
My24
This has my group fitness schedule right there for any 24 Hour Fitness that I'm near. So quick! So easy! Now, if it would just drive me there too.
Chipolte
Ok, so it's not THE healthiest...but if you cut your portions and order carefully, it's way better than most. You can place your order AND pay. Just walk in and pick it up :)
AllTrails
Hiking is my favorite exercise when it's nice. Ok, not when it's just "nice." The weather has to be perfect and for about 3 months in AZ it is just that. Anyway, this will find the trails closest to you and has ratings of them and levels of difficulty.
GoodFood
This is the COOLEST one ever! If you're on the run or, even, heading to a restaurant (Sidenote: Why is that the most difficult word, in the English language to spell. I have NEVER not had the red line under it). Click it and it will tell you the healthiest things on the menu, how many calories, fat, carbs and protein!
Pandora
Click it on, plug in your headphones and go. Current favorite, thanks to my workout buddy...Black Eyed Peas. It plays lots of Peas but other upbeat jams too.
C25K
I feel like this made this FOR me. It's "Couch to 5K," and I made give it all the credit if I actually finish this race (I use that term "race" VERY loosely) in April.
Facebook
Ummm, because I can Facebook WHILE working out.
100 Pushups
This takes you from being able to do 1 push-up to 100. Ok, so I'm not so religious about using it. I downloaded it in August and now I can do 3 push-ups...but I bet it would work if I used it.
Ab Workout
A different work-out each day. It's good!
Livestrong
I'm not counting calories right now but for those people who are, this one is AWESOME...and it gives you little ribbons that keep you motivated! Who doesn't love ribbons?!
Do you have good ones?! Share! Share!
2 comments
MyFitnessPal? I am using it now to ensure that I dont overeat each day and it has been challenging and making me think about what I am eating and why. Thanks for posting all these apps because I just got a new Smartphone, so I am new to Android market.
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to do all of them. Well, for me walking is my favorite thing to do. I would like to start the hiking, I know it's a complete workout.I didn't get the C25K....explain it please....For me another good one is start the lunch or the dinner always with a bowl of salad...any kind and do variation...I love it.