Advice for a Friend

8:17 PM

I need to write.  I paid all this money, got this fancy new blog and don't freaking write.

It's not that I don't know what to write it's that I don't know how to write it in a way that:
A.  Doesn't make me my friend I'm about to write about sound like a loser
B.  Doesn't make him anyone else sound like a loser

But, !@#$ it.

So, if I my friend or anyone else sounds like a loser in this post I obviously didn't do my job, or didn't care enough to fix it, or I thought it sounded funnier that way.

We'll see how this goes...

I'm going to start with the end and Tarantino this $%^&.

Lessons I my friend has learned seventeen billion times in the past year...
1.  A leopard does not change his it's spots.


2.  When you keep the wrong things in your life, you don't leave room for the right things.


Obviously I'm talking about a friend's guy and I have written about said leopard in that past but I'm not going to link it here because I'm not stupid I think I'll let you do some digging if you're so inclined.

I'm going to tell you vaguest and possibly the least juicy story I've ever told because the real one, full of all the details, is embarrassing I need to protect all parties.

Girl meets boy. Boy promises girl a lot of stuff including a lifetime of happily ever after.  Boy never follows through on anything.  Anything.  Girl continues to believe boy every time the poetic words she wants to hear roll out of his mouth.  Girl's friends get so annoyed with the nonsense they won't even listen anymore and only send the emoji of the monkey covering his eyes.  Boy continues to make promises. Girl continues to believe bullshit.


This story should end with "The End," but it can't because IT'S STILL HAPPENING.

I'm not sure why my friend keeps believing this guy.  Maybe she's just overly hopeful that this will be the time that he's telling the truth.  This time when he says he wants to MARRY ME her, he will take steps to make that happen-big steps like seeing her.



Dear My Friend,
STOP. IT.

Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers