Shut Up and Dance
6:07 PMI just read an article...Sidenote: I laughed as I typed that because I'm just now realizing that I'm definitely the "This one time, at Band Camp..." girl except mine is, "I just read this article..."
You totally are Katie.
What can I say, I like to drop knowledge.
You're such a dork.
You right.
Onward...
My aunt posted this...
I just read an article or was it a Ted talk I watched? Or was it both because I became obsessive with this theory after I heard it once? Yes, that was it.
Here's the Ted Talk
It said, "Don't tell anyone your goals because when you do, you subconsciously think you have already accomplished part of them JUST by talking about them."
So, what the !@#$. I LOVE to tell everyone what I'm going to do. Everyone!
We know Kathryn.
And I always do what I say...
Come again?
For a week. I do it for a week.
However, some of my biggest goals, I didn't talk about almost at all...
- Do a triathlon. Didn't talk about it. Trained and did it.
- Complete a Whole 30. Didn't talk about the first one until it was done and did it.
- Walk 60 miles for breast cancer. Didn't talk about. Did it.
So, in the words of my brother and apparently everyone else after I Google imaged it.
PS. Tom stop trying to tell me you invented things. You didn't invent this and you DIDN'T start the trucker hat or fedora trend!
What the hell? I guess it can't hurt. Here I am not talking about my goals.
I have set them.
I'm staying quiet about them.
But the whole, "Clap for your damn self" part? Let's be honest here, I'm most certainly going to need all of you to clap for me.
So, what's your verdict? Talk about them or don't?


0 comments