Southwestern Spaghetti Squash

7:38 PM

My first blog of 2015!  Actually my first blog in months.  Time to dust off these fingers and get back to it.  I went on sabbatical from my blog for a bit because I didn't think I had anything to say that you'd wanna read but !@#$ it.  I'm writing anyway.  Either, I'll write and you'll slowly taper off from reading because too many posts in a row suck or I'll find a way to get funny.


And for tonight's delight, I'll attempt to become a food blogger.  Is that what they're called?  Recipe blogger?  Whatever, below there will be food...and a recipe.  In case you're about to dig into your phone or computer, there won't be actual food on my blog, just a picture.  We're clear?  Good.

Tonight the dinner I made was AH-MAZE-BALLS.  Yes, imagine giant balls of amazing.  That was dinner.  It's probably my new favorite thing.

Here's the slight problem, I only kinda used a recipe.  So, if I go to recreate it, it might suck because I'm not entirely sure what I did.

So...if you choose to use this recipe, use at your own risk because I'm guessing on some of the measurements.

SOUTHWESTERN SPAGHETTI SQUASH

If you want to be safe, this was the actual recipe I used with some modifications. Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash <--- How's that for a fun alliteration!  

Ingredients:
  • 1 good sized spaghetti squash
  • 2 minced cloves of garlic
  • 1 and a 1/2 ish diced green peppers <--- there were 2 but I threw away some pieces because it looked a little old
  • Some olive oil
  • 1 1/2 small diced onions
  • 1/2 of a jalapano diced 
  • 1 thingy of turkey meat
  • 1 can corn-drained
  • 1 can black beans-drained and rinsed  
  • Some cilantro 
  • 1 avocado
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Cumin
  • Garlic Salt

Steps:
  • I always cook my spaghetti squash in a zapper but if you have a different way you like it, do that-I add an inch of water to a glass pan, cut the SS in half, put them face down in the water, zap for 8 + 5 minutes. 
  • Heat some olive oil in a good sized pan.  I used my skillet.  I need a new skillet because this one is old as hell and I bet there are WAY fancier ones out there now. 
  • Add garlic, green peppers, and onions
  • Let them saute for a bit
  • Add the turkey
  • Shake the cumin around the pan about 2 times...and 1 more a little later
  • Shake the garlic salt 1 time...and after it cooks a bit another time....and then 1 more time
  • Once that's pretty well cooked, add the cans of corn and black beans
  • Cook it a bit longer and while that's happening take all the spaghettis out of the SS and put them in a glass dish
  • Mix in the turkey mixture stuff.  I had a lot left over.  It didn't all fit. 
  • Mix in cilantor
  • Put the oven on Broil
  • Grate the cheese on top
  • Stick it in the oven and DON'T forget about it.  That stuff cooks fast!
  • Dice some avocado on top
  


Things to NOT do:
  • Do not take all the seeds out of the jalapaneo with your fingers and then touch your face-My face is ON FIRE and underneath my fingernails doesn't feel too awesome either...I just did something else (ok I was checking Facebook) for 10 minutes and my fingers are still burning.  

PS.  If you do this, a home remedy is to squeeze fresh lime juice on your fingers.  I just tried and it's working! 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Followers